Here are some of our favorite websites and tools to help you download images from our databases, batch re-size them into several file formats, catalogue them with useful descriptive information, and create instant presentations in a matter of minutes:
- The NCAD Image Library User Guide, a two-page handout on how to use the NCAD Image Library.
- The ARTstor User Guide, our very own handout on finding and downloading images from ARTstor.
- The ARTstor YouTube Channel, packed with video tutorials on how to use the ARTstor Digital Image Library more efficiently.
- The Metadata Deluxe Wiki, a website with tools to embed descriptive information into image files. Download the VRA metadata panel and start cataloguing your images painlessly.
- The Russell Brown Show, a website with video tutorials and useful scripts for working with Adobe Photoshop. Check out “Dr. Brown’s 1-2-3 Process”, which will help you re-size a group of images into 3 different sizes, file formats and resolutions at the click of a button.
- Tools for importing groups of images into Powerpoint, a really useful blog post with links to apple scripts and automator workflows from the Director of Visual Services at the University of Washington’s School of Art Image Library.